About the Drum Marketing Awards
The Drum Marketing Awards are one of the industry's most sought after accolades. The information below will explain what you need to do to get your hands on a coveted trophy and also what the plans are for the 2017 ceremony.
The Drum Marketing Awards celebrate the best marketers and campaigns internationally as entries have been opened up globally for 2017. The awards are open to advertising agencies, in-house marketing teams, design consultancies, digital agencies, PR companies, integrated agencies and any company that has carried out marketing over the eligibility period.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of senior marketers from the globe's best known brands.
• Register or log in to this website.
• The website is now on our new multiplatform so if you have previously registered for these awards, you may need to do so again.
• Decide what categories you are going to enter. You may enter as many categories as you like but each must be treated as a separate entry and payment made for each. All information can be found in our entry pack.
• To add an entry, go to the dashboard in the menu at the top of the page and choose ‘My companies’ from the drop down. On the next page, chose or add the company you would like to enter on behalf of and then click 'Add an Entry' from the option.
• Add a short description of no more than 60 words as an overview of the project. In the event your entry is nominated this text will be used on the website to give insight into the project.
• You are also able to acknowledge another agency if the work has been jointly created.
• You will also need to use the entry summary template to write your entry using a maximum of 1250 words, plus a 250 executive summary. Please upload as a PDF document only. The individual and team categories require a seperate template.
• Upload hi-res images of your work* (this is important as these images are shown online and during the show if nominated) and any supporting YouTube or Vimeo video URLs.
• In the event of your entry being nominated, images, videos and the summary will be live on the website.
Please note: At least one image must be uploaded (file limit 10MB. Accept jpg, gif or png files). The first image will be used in listings of entries.
• Once you have uploaded all of your entries, go to the dashboard in the menu at the top of the page, chose ‘My Companies’ again from the drop down, chose the company whose entries you wish to pay for. add all to your basket and proceed with payment from there.
• Once payment is processed you will be sent a confirmation email and a receipt will be sent out to you.
• If you would like to make any changes to your entry, please do so before you submit as changes cannot be made after this stage.
All entries must be made by the deadline on Friday 17th February 2017. All entries made after this date will be subject to a 10% late fee.
• Entries and payment should be made online.
Your entry must adhere to the following rules:
All entries must be supplied in the format stated in the “How to Enter” section
The judges reserve the right to re-allocate entries into other categories where they feel necessary.
The organisers reserve the right to retain entries for subsequent publication/exhibition in relation to the awards.
No feedback will be given relating to individual entries.
The judge’s decision is final.
If you do not abide by the rules, which results in a cost to the organisers, then the submitting company is liable for costs.
Each report entered must be treated as a separate entry and payment must be made for each.
Entries are eligible if they reflect strategies EITHER developed and implemented between 1st January 2016 and 17th February 2017 OR implemented prior to 1st January 2016 if the results of the implementation were assessed after that date.
There are many reasons why you should enter The Drum Marketing Awards, here are a few:
To raise your profile as an award winning agency/company.
To help attract new business.
To prove that you really do effective marketing for your company and more importantly, your clients.
To demonstrate your marketing talents and skills to your company, clients and peers.
To have your work judged by the esteemed clients and creatives on our judging panel.
To reassure clients that you are the best company for the job.
To gain fantastic PR opportunities.
To boost morale throughout your company and to reward your hardworking individuals and teams
You must write one report for each individual entry. The main report should not exceed 1250 words. You MUST include an additional 250 word executive summary.
Your report should include;
• Your marketing position before you developed your marketing idea and your new strategy, what you did and why it was innovative or special to your organisation.
• Answers to the questions relating to the information required for your specific category
• Provide client testimonials to back up and support your results. These will help to strengthen your report and will not be included in the word count.
Judges will mark your entry on
• Creative thinking
• Clear and concise results
• Evidence of results e.g. testimonials, financials and growth
If you have any questions regarding the entry process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the entry deadline, the judging panel will be given access to read your submission and view your images and links. The judging panel will be looking for evidence of:
Clear and concise results
After the panel have carried out their pre-judging, they will meet to discuss the entries and decide on the finalists, commendations and award winners.
Tips for entering
Give each entry a unique title to grab the judges interest - try to avoid generic names.
When writing your report don’t assume the judges have seen the work or campaign, give clear concise answers on the brief, the objectives and results and figures should include thestarting point and any increases.
If not commercially necessary please do not add additional password protection.
Please include usernames and passwords, if required, for the judging.
First entry - £220 +VAT
Additional entries - £175 +VAT
You may enter as many categories as you like, however each entry must be treated as a separate entry and payment made for each.
If you are a charity or a member of The Drum Network, you will receive 10% off your entries.
The finalists will be announced on Friday 15th April 2017.
All entrants will be notified when the announcement has been made and nominees will receive a congratulatory email.
2017 Awards details
Date: Tuesday 30th May 2017
Timings: 18:45 for 19:30 until 01:00
Venue: Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel, London
Dress code: Black tie
Your ticket includes:
· Sparkling drinks reception
· Welcome Speech
· 3 course dinner
· Half a bottle of wine
· The Awards
· Networking after-party